Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Defeated. Leaving today.

Last night was intolerable.
The PRESCENCE is using the electrical wiring system to get around the house; unsurprising, really, given the troubles that we have had with appliances. I was awoken at approximately 3am, finding myself suddenly wide awake, staring into the dark. "Is - is anyone there?" I whispered, praying that there would be no answer. However, the answer came, low and barely audible, sounding to me like a rasping wail, or a husky threat uttered as a monstrous ullulation. It was the word 'down'.
Just that. Nothing more. But the icy sweat poured from my brow as I sat up in bed, fumbled for the switch on my bedside lamp and grabbed for my gun.
(I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but I came equipped with a paintball gun loaded with phosphorescent paintballs. This was expressly to try to hit the ghost, and thus track its progress through the unhallowed halls of this ghastly woodland mansion.)
But my hand hesitated as it searched for the gun as, with a terrible, hollow shock I saw the room illuminated by the light. It was not my bedroom. I had awoken in the Brown Room, the room that was now locked from the outside, the room where the PRESCENCE gathered his infernal power.
Shrieking with fear, I leapt from the clammy winding sheets that tried to keep me pinned to the worm-riddled four-poster and made for the window. The rasping word "down...down" repeated again and again behind me, and after unlatching the window I scrambled out into the freezing wet autumn ivy which clambers over this dreadful place. Thankfully I got to the ground unharmed, and stood, naked, on the moonlit lawn gazing back up at the window of the Brown Room. There, in the moonlight, I saw the hooded figure, the lipless grin reflecting the lunar glare, the raised, cloaked arm, the pointing skeletal finger...

5 Comments:

Blogger Leon Fnord said...

VERY IMPORTANT:

We're you tied and gagged?... Did you get a look at the face? Was there any ectoplasm left behind?
If so, I may be capable of analyzing it. I have this spectrometer...

9:27 AM  
Blogger treehouse said...

:o spectrometers are evil and the visuals may lie

12:39 PM  
Blogger paraplayer said...

You really ddin't finish that post there. I'm guessing you didn't go with my calculater plan.

If it's skeletal it means it's physical. Fight back damnit.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Jehannum said...

I hear it's the new up.

3:46 PM  
Blogger paraplayer said...

No. That's just a rumour from the tabloids.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home